You want to create an aesthetic appeal for your home by changing the lighting fixtures. However, you are confused while designing a scheme. Don’t worry. We will discuss different lighting schemes to help you narrow down your options as per […]
You want to create an aesthetic appeal for your home by changing the lighting fixtures. However, you are confused while designing a scheme. Don’t worry. We will discuss different lighting schemes to help you narrow down your options as per your taste and style.
Browse different chandelier collection on Sofary or talk to their lighting designer to create a statement piece of your own. Get the final piece delivered to your home at no extra cost. No middlemen and direct manufacturers ensure that you get a fair price on the product.
Types of lighting and their use in your home
There are three major schemes of lighting that can be customized to create a stylish ambience. Let us discuss the three in details:
- Ambient lighting
- It gives your space a soft glow and mimics the natural lighting of your space.
- It avoids highlights and harsh glares.
- It creates an environment for better relaxation on a stressful day, for warm conversations with closed ones.
- It sets the mood and environment of affection.
- This type of lighting is commonly used in spa and yoga rooms to clear away stress.
- You can use light coloured pendants, recessed lightings, or ceiling chandeliers to create ambient lighting in your home.
- Task Lighting
- This type of lighting highlights a specific area.
- A small concentrated light in an office space is an example of how you can play with task lighting.
- It helps you focus on particular object and help see you finer details required to finish a task.
- Tasks such as reading, writing, cooking, sewing, etc., all need focus and require installation of task lighting fixtures.
- Use contrast as a theme to render a task lighting fixture more effective. Use a bright table lamp in a dim room to enhance its effectiveness.
- It stimulates your brain to focus and concentrate on the work at hand.
- You can use swing lamps, vanity lighting, pendants, and under cabinet light fixtures to create a task light.
- Accent lighting
- If you want to add more drama to your space, accent lighting is for you.
- It is used to illuminate pieces on the wall display, or the corner of your rooms.
- Accent lights are used for bookcase, furniture, art collection, corner displays, and architectural highlights.
- It is also used when you plan a themed birthday or themed Halloween party.
- It beautifully highlights the pieces that are meant to come into focus and shadows the other parts of the room.
- It is also use to give importance to the pieces it illuminates such as in a museum, art exhibitions, and historical places.
- You can create accent lights by using wall lights, landscape lights, and recessed lights placed meticulously.
Now that you know the basics of lighting fixture, choose your own style or mix and match all three to create a better atmosphere and style in your home. You can choose to use a light dimmer to create different moods for different settings.